If you’re still hunting for an iPhone in stock, you may notice that Apple’s inventory checker only allows you to do so prior to 9AM or after 9PM. Well, that’s not any fun now is it. Use my inventory checker which bypasses the time check and allows you to check inventory at any time during the day. Apple seems to be updating the inventory throughout the day, so check back frequently. You can find the checker after clicking the jump.
If you’ve followed the previous post on how to activate your iPhone in the prepaid manner, then this may be something else you want to read. If you don’t already know, you can’t really do much without activating your iPhone–not even use the iPod features. So for those of you that don’t want to get caught up in a 2 year contract, you can go the prepaid route, then cancel and read what Eric over at tuaw.com has found out. Click the jump below, and read a few things he’s discovered.
So here’s the deal, after reading a few other blogs I thought this was post-worthy. Any of you out there looking to purchase an iPhone, but don’t want to get caught into a 2-year contract with AT&Flea, here’s the deal.
- Purchase the Jesus Phone
- Connect it to ITunes
- Sign up using 999-99-9999 as your Social Security Number.
- After failing the credit check, select a GoPhone plan.
- After signing up for a GoPhone plan & being assigned a number and a passcode, connect to the AT&T GoPhone funding page as prompted. Enter your credit or debit card information and you’re good to go.
- DO NOT attempt to fund your iPhone over the phone with AT&T.
- DO NOT set up your iPhone prepaid account in advance with AT&T.
You’re ready to go with your contract free iPhone.